Subject: Re: Initial Draft of 'beginningtodefine' in Word/PDF

Message text written by INTERNET:Erik_J_Leckner@Seagate.COM

FYI

After reading this draft and seeing a set of components (gateway servers,
etc.)
defined for an architecture which is yet to be defined, I propose that a
Reference Model for the Electronic Business XML Architectural Task Force
should
first be introduced.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Erik,

This is a good overview - but what I suspect is that the REAL solution is
really
a BLEND of all these approaches - so I would therefore like to introduce
the
concept of LEVELS.  This also applies to IBM's tpaML.  Its hideously
complex
in some regards - like its obvious parentage to CORBA....

However the solution appears to be to define Levels of use.

Therefore a Level 1 use would be expected to provide only the very basic
minimum compliance - and therefore a set of behaviours that can be
supported.

And so on up to Level 5 where one would expect the full suite of
sophistication.

This also means that developers can implement just to the level that meets
thier business needs - this really is the key to understanding the blending
approach.

Thanks, DW.