Subject: Re: COMPLEXITY BIG ISSUE

Message text written by Christopher Ferris

> I think actually that the first point on use of names in an XML style
thing
> and wouldn't it be nice if there was an ebXML "style guide" for writing
XML,
> or does someone know a good one we could consider adopting
>
> David<

This touches down into the area I noted of two types of requirement:

one is straight syntax mechanisms - the other is the intangible
requirements
effecting the usablity and interoperability.   By making the mechanisms so
they encourage smart style use then we are doing our job properly.  It's
not
enough to simply throw syntax out there.

We can't afford to ignore this issue.  My favourite example is IBM JCL.
Great syntax - lousy usability.  Think of the billions of $$$$ this has
cost over
the years!

DW.