Subject: RE: COMPLEXITY BIG ISSUE

<Troy>
And exactly what language will these tags be written in? Is this not a
global
 standard we are working on? I believe numeric codes should be used. We gain
 little by writing the tags in English. Applications can translate the
numeric
 values into the user's native language. Plus numeric tags will be smaller
for
 transport. This language is for computers to read, XML will enable
end-to-end
 communication between machines, not necessarily humans.
Leave the Human readability to the applications.</Troy>

I cannot agree with this at all.  One of the prime mandates of XML is that
it is readable by both Humans and machines.

This has been discussed and generally rejected.

Duane Nickull