Subject: Efficient XML

Hi,

I have followed the discussion concerning 'efficient' XML, recursion, etc.
XML is an subset of SGML, also a tool for the semantic modelling of real-world entitiy references. That's why I think XML tagged information sets are as use- and powerful as it is the underlying semantic model which describes of a subset of the real-world.

That's where I see the great opportunity to use the UN/EDIFACT standard: in porting (remodelling) its semantic structures into semantically wellformed XML information structure(s).
In this context, recursion makes sense if it is explicitly semantically necessary and justifiable. Recursion makes no sense, just for remodelling a rigid data structure on a syntactic level.

best regards

Achim

Achim Gasch - SAIOS SA
mailto:agasch@saios.com / http://www.saios.com
Tel: + 352 40 55 40 415 / Fax: + 352 40 55 40 6180
90-A Rue de Strasbourg, L-2560, Luxembourg