Subject: RE: ebXML base modeling structure architectural considerations

Thanks Bob,
Not exactly. Architecture issues like versioning  for other Service
Oriented efforts
are addressed in several other efforts (OTA, eCo, etc).
However, from what I can tell, it has been all at the raw XML technology
layer. I am suggesting
we address this (along with other issues like common errors, bootstrap for
version discovery, etc)
within a consistent modeling effort in ebXML. I generally support keeping
the work effort
in ebXML at the model-layer with intention map to underlying technology (a
whole other topic).
We would to agree on much more in this area of thinking before a proto
should be done.
More thinking here is welcome.

Thanks,
Scott R. Hinkelman
IBM Austin
SWG Java Solutions
XML/Java Standards Architecture
Office: 512-823-8097 TL793-8097
Home: 512-930-5675
Cell: 512-940-0519
srh@us.ibm.com
Fax: 512-838-1074

Bob Haugen <linkage@interaccess.com> on 03/28/2000 01:09:33 PM

To:   "ebxml-regrep@lists.oasis-open.org"
      <ebxml-regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>,
      "ebxml-architecture@lists.oasis-open.org"
      <ebxml-architecture@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc:

Scott,

Is your proposal based on some existing implementation(s)
closely enough that you know it will work?
Or is it a good candidate for a proof-of-concept prototype?

Very interesting regardless, glad to see somebody is
working toward a solution to versioning problems.

Regards,
Bob Haugen