Subject: Re: ebXML Representation of Metadata

Message text written by Stefan Decker

But that means (since RDF has the simplest possible
structured datamodel) the XMI-UML-model will be translatable
to RDF very easy (or to put in another way: then XMI is just
a special RDF syntax - which is fine).

Best,
         Stefan
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And noone is believing me that this is a Pandora's Box, where
you never know quite what you are looking at becuase someone
else has morphed it another way and actually you are looking
at a representation of a representation of a representation!

The result is that there is no single 'right way' of doing this - just
alternatives - and you have to pick the one that matches
your business need, and your trading partners.

Unfortunately - this is where EDI got off, so we have to manage
and reel this in where possible - or at least establish guidelines
for where one expects to see what.

The flash point on this is of course Schemas...

BTW - I like the Stanford work - best RDF I've seen to date, and
I'm not a big RDF fan!

DW.