Subject: Re: UML/XML guidelines

Message text written by INTERNET:srh@us.ibm.com
>XMLSchema is now in last call draft, and I remain
concerned with efforts to
map onto *only* DTD.
<<<<<<<<

Scott, I look forward to discussing GUIDE in this context too.

My understanding is that W3C Schema 'last call draft' is
somewhat misleading, as there are many many more steps and
months to pass before the current W3C work can coalease.

Anyway - the clear need is to define an ebXML payload
syntax that works with current XML V1.0 while at the same
time positioning to take advantage of whatever benefits
Schema can offer a year from now.

GUIDE I believe accomplishes this most strongly and also
provides Core Components with the necessary classification
layer to empower their work as well.

 http://www.bizcodes.org/GUIDE/

if you have not already checked out a copy of the GUIDE
document and samples.

Thanks, DW.