Subject: Latest TA spec v.08, issue list, and comments from v0.7

Hi all -

OK...So I wasn't able to post on Saturday due to firewall problems here in
Seattle. In any event, here's the latest draft spec, a list of outstanding
issues (for v0.8), and the comments list (from versions 0.7 and 0.6) that
Anders compiled during the San Jose meeting. One thing I don't want people
to get hung up on the fit and finish with this draft. I've still got a fair
amount of cleanup to do in terms of the overall formatting. Let's focus on
the content and organization of the spec.

Here's what I propose we do to keep the ball rolling:

1. Read through the spec.

2. Take a look at the issues list.

3. Send comments, feedback, and new issues to the list so we can keep
improving the document. I'll incorporate changes as they are posted and
hopefully we can make significant progress over the next few weeks. To help
eliminate the confusion with line numbers, please identify the version and
specific section for each comment, issue, or feedback you provide. For
example,

4. If you would like to tackle any of the outstanding issues - especially in
those areas where content is lacking, or further description needs to be
done, please send email to the list and identify the issue and/or section of
the spec you would like to work on.

In order to continue aligning with the other project teams, I think it would
be a good idea for each of the TA liaisons to contact the project team leads
to get feedback on the specific parts of the spec that fall within each
project team's domain. Just to clarify - we've already started on this
process, so if you've already been in contact with a project team, please
post a status update to the TA list.

A few outstanding work items from the San Jose meeting:

1. Incorporate design rules into spec. Kris K - do you have the updated
content from the work your sub-group did in San Jose? If so, please forward
to the list.

2. Generate 10-12 high-level use case scenarios (replace current use case
list, which is heavy on reg/rep).

3. Nail down conformance section (Lynne Rosenthal leading sub-group).

I will continue to compile the list of comments, keep the issue list
up-to-date, and will make changes and improvements to the spec as they come
in. Folks - this is the time for us to take control and significantly
improve the quality of the TA spec. Let's try to be more active on the list.

Thanks,

--Brian

Brian Eisenberg | Standards & Technology Liaison

600 108th Avenue NE | Suite 900 | Bellevue, WA  98004
      T 425.467-2641 | F 425.637.1192 | briane@datachannel.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m