Subject: Re: New Tech Arch Document

Is this an architecture document or yet another requirements
document?

I would suggest a perusal of the miriad "definitions" of the
term. The first two are quite useful.

	http://www.sei.cmu.edu/architecture/definitions.html

The Technical Architecture should be descriptive, in a general
sense of the components of the system and their interactions
or interface points.

We already have a Requirements document. What we need (desperately)
is an architecture which describes each of the high-level components,
how each of these components fit/work together to form the whole and
which describes the principals by which all components will be designed.
It should NOT get into the nitty gritty details of the design of the
component which by rights should remain the perview of the respective
project teams.

In my mind, this goes too far in prescribing the detailed set of
functionality of the various components (most notably the RegRep)
and does not go far enough in describing how the system's various
components work in concert to deliver the ebXML vision.

Cheers,

Chris

--
    _/_/_/_/ _/    _/ _/    _/ Christopher Ferris - Enterprise Architect
   _/       _/    _/ _/_/  _/  Phone: 781-442-3063 or x23063