Subject: QR review

We today received the comments behind the QR recommendation not to circulate
the Technical Architecture specification to the full ebXML community. It
contains many good and valid points and we are, wherever possible,
addressing these points. Some questions, though;

What is the role of the QR team? My recollection of the Technical
Coordination was that it should review the quality of the specifications
and, more importantly, ensure that the specifications are aligned with each
other. Maybe this changed with the PT name change since the majority of
comments now address contents and hardly any alignment checking (at least
not explicitly).

I sincerely hope the all the " I mean, I think, IMHO, etc" is a case of
uncareful typing. If these indeed are individual comments rather than a QR
team effort, they should be treated as such.

What is required from our team to get this specification to the next step?
If the answer would be that all comments have to be resolved, I do not see
this happening any time soon as there are  bound to be differences in
opinion on many of them. To resolve this quickly I would suggest that one or
two persons from the QR team would join us in the TechArch conference call
the 5th October. Secondly if each PT lead would give us an indication on how
well/poorly the TechArch specification aligns with their specifications, I
think we can regain some lost time.

Kind regards
Anders Grangard

Anders Grangard
Edifrance
Ingénieur - Consultant en Commerce électronique
Tel: +33 (0)1 42 91 62 24
http://www.edifrance.org