Subject: [Fwd: RE: TA issues - was: [Revised Messaging Services Section for TAspec]]

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 09:17:49 -0500
From: Bob Haugen <linkage@interaccess.com>
To: "'Christopher Ferris'" <chris.ferris@east.sun.com>

Christopher,

I am not able to send message to the TA list
(altho I receive them ok).  But FYI:
>	- the BP provides *context* for the purpose of composing
>	a "Business Object" from the library of CC (I would prefer the
>	term Message). BP doesn't *use* the BO library.

BP (and I think now CC) uses the term "Business Document",
reserving "Message" for that which the Messaging Service does,
and lower-level program object communications.

>	- TP seems to have been simply added on without careful thought
>	(IMHO). I believe that TP provides the *glue* which binds the
>	various components together. Certainly, not all of the TP relationships
>	have been incorporated into the figure.

There is supposed to be an alignment activity between BP and TP
to merge the two metamodels.

-Bob Haugen