Subject: RE: latest Version

Scott,

	of course the opinions expressed in my comments are MINE and do not reflect Sun's position!

Now, on the content:

1.	RegRep.
	I apologize for my english. What I meant is that, of course the RegRep can
	store anything, but for most of the items the reference representation is
	the one in XML.

2.	UML
	I agree on the value of UML, of course. I do not know if the XML viewpoint
	is in the FSV, I do not enter in the this context.
	It is clear that SMEs will not look inside the XML documents to
	understand which BP to use. I would think that they will rather look
	at the textual representation.
	What I meant was that the use of ebXML should be presented, as you say, as
	a valuable help to formalize the information in a neutral way but should
	not be described as a necessary step.

3.	Open-EDI.
	My position is the following. Simplify the text, present the basic concepts
	"as if" they are ebXML concepts and simply reference Open-EDI in the
	literature with a footnote.
	I think that "introducing the Open-EDI", as it is in the book, distracts the
	reader from the main thread. What is the goal of the section? Introducing FSV
	and BOV, I think. Should we call them FSV and BOV? If yes, let's call them
	that way and footnote that these concepts were first discovered in the
	Open-EDI. The real important thing is to try to explain why FSV and BOV
	are important, not to track their origins.

Best regards

/Stefano