Subject: RE: Parties and Partners

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:56:46 -0400, Murray Maloney wrote:

>At 01:22 PM 10/18/00 -0700, Klaus-Dieter Naujok wrote:
>>On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:42:29 -0400, Murray Maloney wrote:
>>Let me say that my view point is based on the terminology of UN/CEFACT and its legal rapporteurs
>>work in regard to a TPA for eBusiness. I plan to check with them on this issue, but having seen
>>their work >>on a model tpa I see no difference in what our work is and creating new terms for new
>>terms sake only is a bad. We are already confusing our audience with more new terms than they care
>>to learn.
>
>Klaus, I'm not sure what this means to the discussion.

Murray,

I tried to make two point:

1.) Don't invent terminology that is different from one use by customers you are trying to sell which
requires then to buy a book to explain what the hell you talking about.

2.) The goal is to make ebXML specifications true de jure international standards. UN/CEFACT is
committed to do so. Therefore its terminology will be in the end the one used, especially if there is
any hint of legal connection.

Regards,

Klaus