Subject: Re: Comments on TA version 0.9

Mike
I took away from the discussion a slightly different interpetation of the QR
review.   Following are the notes that I took during that discussion:

v    What is the role of modeling/ Choice of UML
v    Resolution:  If you choose to formally model within ebXML -  you must use
UML.
             -  BUT the Technical Architecture MUST BE ABLE TO SUPPORT OTHER
              MODELING METHODOLOGIES exchanged with external sources
             - This will allow for gradual adoption, with loosely coupled
             compliant components
             - The presentation of the TA document obscures the ability to
             support gradual adoption of ebXML.

   Therefore, the BP documents should prescribe a single modeling approach, but
   the technical architecture has to support multiple modeling languages, as it
   has a requirement able to accommodate a gradual adoption of ebXML.

Mark participated in the meeting and I must say represented the requirements
 document well,  insuring that we embrased this agreed upon specification,
 completely.

regards, Melanie

Mike Rawlins <rawlins@metronet.com> on 11/07/2000 11:19:38 AM

Please respond to rawlins@metronet.com