Subject: Capitalization Styles

As discussed in our last con call, here are 2 proposals for Capitalization
Style in ebXML. It seems that the final proposal could be merged with other
Naming Convention docs that are being produced in CC. I can also imagine
that we would allow for submissions of new proposals as well as for
modifications of the current ones, but would suggest that we don't expand
the scope before we agree on what we have now.

<objective>

 <provide a consistent "Capitalization Style">

 <programming languages are not in scope>
  Cobol, Smalltalk, C++, Java, C#, ... rules are irrelevant. Only languages
used in ebXML, like: XML & others, UML, OCL, ...
 </programming languages are not in scope>

 <composition of names are not in scope>
  usage of verbs, nouns, adjectives, prefix (postfix) notations,  Hungarian
notation, namespace hierarchy (root, ...) are not part of these proposals
 </composition of names are not in scope>

</objective>

<proposals>

 <simpleNaming>
  useLowerCamelCase (Camel Casing)
 </simpleNaming>

 <capitalizationAndCategorisation>
  <useLowerCamelCase (Camel Casing) for XML attributes, UML attributes,
operations, methods, .../>
  <UseUpperCamelCase (Pascal Casing) for XML Elements, UML Classes,
Interfaces, .../>
 </capitalizationAndCategorisation>

</proposals>

<otherConstraints>

 <no '.' '_' '-' prefix (postfix) notations>
  don't use: header.manifest, stock_quote_12345, commercial-transaction, ...
 </no '.' '_' '-' prefix (postfix) notations>

 <capitalization of acronyms>
  avoid acronyms, but if ... use ebXmlHeader instead of ebXMLHeader
 </capitalization of acronyms>

</otherConstraints>

<someComments>

 <OMG UML Specification 1.3 does contain Style Guidelines with some aspects
similar to capitalizationAndCategorisation/>

 <some standards - http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/ >
  4.2 Element and attribute names must be in lower case
 <some standards - http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/ />

</someComments>

Regards,
Nikola