ebxml-awareness message

ebXML participants:

At the risk of adding even more messages to already overactive lists today,
let me me offer my apologies for a few blow-ups, melt-downs, etc. that we've
seen today.

We're seeing two problems: 1) people who don't know the correct procedure
for removing themselves from mail lists, and 2) majordomo not responding
correctly when people *do* send in the correct commands.

Please, if you don't want to be subscribed to a list, don't send mail to the
list itself. It doesn't work that way. If you need to unsubscribe, send the
following command to majordomo@lists.oasis-open.org:

>        unsubscribe listname

For example:

>        unsubscribe ebxml

If you're unsubscribing from a different address than the one you subscribed
with you will need to put your email address at the end like this:

>        unsubscribe listname youraddress

(A lot of people are making this mistake.) So if trying the first command
doesn't work then try the second.

If this doesn't work, or you get an error message back please send a message
to me at the address below, and not to the list; we don't need to fill the
lists with lots of adminsitrivia. I'll do my best to help you. As I said, we
are having some problems with the majordomo list server, and I will do my
best to solve your problems.

If you're feeling frustrated and need to scream at someone for this, please
send it to me :-)

In the meantime, we'll be putting this unsub info in the message footers as
a constant reminder.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS