Subject: Re: BPM Requirements

BPM Team,

This forwards comments from Mike Rawlins on our set of requirements.  (Marcia,
responding to this should be another item for the BPM agenda in Orlando.)
Fundamentally, Mike questions the role of our project team in ebXML.   Our
project team was not on the original list, but was added in San Jose in
recognition that cross-industry standardization of XML should be built on the
foundation of a business process modeling methodology that could be used to
specify and model any business domain in any industry.  We don't intend that
ebXML will advocate "business as usual," except with an XML wrapper on the
information exchange conventions already in place.  I suspect this could become
a point of discussion in the ebXML plenary meeting.  I don't think many ebXML
people outside of the BPM team share our view.

Regards,

Paul
---------------------- Forwarded by Paul R. Levine/Telcordia on 01/18/2000 11:29

Mike Rawlins <rawlins@metronet.com> on 01/18/2000 12:28:16 PM