Subject: Re: 16 Mar. Conference Call notice

Bob

Following some work in law firms and then in graphic arts (which is light
manufacturing of job lots) I considered this issue. Essentially I could
find no material difference in process.  That is, one takes the order,
marshalls resources, processes the order by carrying out the work,
despatches to the client. There is a subset of management and accounting
data and payment.

In correspondence on this list I have seen various references to work done
by organisations in the business process area.  Two years ago there was
extensive work done in this area by the supply chain management groups. As
I recall the URL of the major was www.supply-chain.org. Am I left of centre
in thinking this is a relevant discipline or is it already subsumed in your
work?

Regards

Andrew