Subject: ebXML vs. industry standard(such as RosettaNet).

Title: ebXML vs. industry standard(such as RosettaNet).

My Dear Fellows,

This is Roger Chen from Taiwan.
I need you guys help in some questions regarding the EC standard, especially in ebXML and some industry standard(such as RosettaNet).

I am in charge of a project supported by the government of Taiwan and that is also the reason I continuously participate  UN EDI/EC related meeting.(I was in San Jose and now I just came back from EWG Paris)

In the project, we are trying to establish the XML-based EC standard for IT supply chain management.
What happened is now we are facing the choice of RosettaNet and ebXML.
Frankly speaking, I really do not know what am I going to have from ebXML in the future.
But many PC manufacturers in Taiwan(They manufacture notebook computer for IBM, Compaq, and Dell) are really impressed by RosettaNet, especially RosettaNet coming with some solid solution like Extricity.

So, what is your guys opinion ?

For some manufacturer, if they pick up RosettaNet right now, what are they going to do when ebXML come out with another "Industry Standard", or maybe ebXML is not going to set up any indivual "Industry Standard" ?

In RosettaNet, 35000+ XML tag name,along with PIPs, have been  in place.
Do you think this is the right time to adopt RosettaNet ?
or wait ?

Roger