Subject: Revision to Scenarios document

Hi,
based on comments from Bob Haugen I have clarified the relationship between
the 'layers' in the scenarios, and the packages in the metamodel:

Note: There is an alignment of these layers to the packages of the meta model.
(We should work to make this alignment even clearer). The alignment for now
is:  ·	The market layer uses the 'Markets and Communities' package and the
resource part of the “Resources and Contracts” package. ·	The Business Process
layer uses the “Process and Rules” package and the contract part of the
“Resources and Contracts” package. ·	The “Information Exchange” layer uses the
“Information Flow and Communication” package. ·	The “Business Document” layer
uses the business document and information entity part of the “Information
Flow and Communication” package.

Based on comments from Chris Ferris of the transport group I made changes to
the discovery and adaptation section (see document) and also to the conversion
section. Main point for conversion is that we do not expect that all the
existing document definitions, as in RosettaNet, OAG, EDIFACT, etc. must be
converted with respect to content or structure, just that they have to fit
with the very flexible (and not yet final) business document/information
entity part of the metamodel.

I received one more comment which had to do with commodity codes. For now I
have not included anything on this. I believe it would be a core components
type issue.

Paul/Marcia, this new version of the scenarios document should be part of the
package that gets made available today.

thanks,
-karsten

Word.Document.8