Subject: RE: 19 June Conference Call Notice

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Rachel Foerster wrote:

> While I understand the need to use a specialized software tool to create
> some of the base documents for this project team, I am frustrated in trying
> to review and potentially provide input and/or comments on the work
> products. The document format attached is .mdl, which I believe is the
> output format from the Rational Rose modeling product.
>
> However, not everyone enjoys the luxury of have this quite expensive tool
> available.
>
> I should think it would be possible to output the models, etc. into a more
> widely accepted and universally available format, such as the Adobe Acrobat
> .pdf format, so that much greater participation and input can be achieved.

I fully support the request by Rachel.  Sending tool specific files
are great for the editors.  However, for the rest of us either
import the graphics in to a word processor file (which may not be
the one used by all), or better utilize PDF since the reader is
available on platforms other than MS.

BTW, as Rachel pointed out the last resend was not a "doc" file but
a simple ASCII Text file which may make sense to some, but not most
:-(

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,

Klaus-Dieter Naujok
ebXML Chair