Subject: Re: Notes on three Models: Data, Business, Document

Don't you find that one of the difficulties with dealing with abstractions and
the real world is remembering where you are?

I think the concepts described below are derivative..

Business model (abstract world) gives us the Database model (real world), and
Business model (abstract world) gives us the Document model (real world)

In the real world the Database model  interacts with the Document model

An example which is possibly clearer than the Purchase Order (where the business
object has an ambiguous name) is in transportation of goods.

The 'consignment' business object covers all details of a single shipment of
goods between one party and another (maybe started by one of those pesky
Purchase Orders) .

The 'consignment' document does not exist in the 'real world'.  The 'document'
objects are called "Consignment Note", "Shipment Advice", "Bill of Lading",
etc..

As Brian noted, the parties buying and selling the goods may view these
'documents' differently from the parties involved in handling the goods during
transit.

- hope this is useful.

--
regards