Subject: RE: XMI discussion today

Hi,

For your information BPML is a meta-language for the modeling of processes
described as finite state machines, pretty much like XML Schema is a
meta-language for the modeling of data (whatever that data could be,
including a process model :-). BPML uses XML Schema as a syntax, as well as
for the underlying data-object model (while ebXML is using DTDs for that
from what I understand).

From a scope standpoint, BPML is being used for describing the private
implementation of e-business processes that would be exposed through public
interfaces described as RosettaNet PIPs or ebXML collaboration processes. In
such a context, I do believe that ebXML and BPML would perfectly complement
each others.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

ig.