Subject: Re: BP XML schema proposal

Hi all,
just to avoid confusion.
Antoine and I got our signals crossed and both sent out documents yesterday for
today's metamodel meeting. They differ slightly in the introductory text, but
the models within them are identical, so it doesn't really matter which version
of the document you refer to in today's meeting.

Also, I wanted to point out that at this point the model only covers the
commercial transaction at the BOV level. As we keep working it we will adress
the 'handshake-signals' at the FSV level as well.
Another point is that the highly recursive nature of the model is in essence
what Bob Haugen had suggested against the latest metamodel before we adopted the
edifecs model. This recursiveness allows you with a single model to model even
the Business Process from the BOM level, as well as your preferred mixture of
business collaborations and commercial transactions from the BOV level.

thanks,
-karsten

<mailto:ebxml-bp-request@lists.ebxml.org?body=help>

> >Dear team members,
> >
> >Here is a preliminary draft of a document that describes an XML schema that
> >is
> >simple, satisfies the semantics of the BP metamodel (Collaboration Modeling
> >Metamodel and UML profile). We will use this as a starting point in
> >tomorrow's
> >discussion of minimum and sufficient XML level specification of a business
> >process and it's associated information model. This document is just one of
> >several possible approaches. The metamodel group as such will determine how
> >to move forward.
> >
> > <<BP_Schema.doc>>
> >

> >Antoine LONJON
> >Chief Architect
> >33 1 42 75 40 30
> >alonjon@mega.com

Karsten Riemer,
Director, Information Architecture,
Enterprise Management Architecture Group
Sun Microsystems Inc.,
MailStop UBUR03-313
1 Network Drive,
Burlington, MA 01803-0903