Subject: RE: Collaboration Services (was: Business Service Interface)

<Bob Haugen>
I also think that in many (if not most) of those cases, the sequence is not
managable by sequence numbers or any other document-local rules, but
requires interaction with something like actual business objects at one or
both ends of the collaboration.
..
In other words, sequencing of business collaborations may require
collaboration software with some business intelligence, it may not be
manageable exclusively by sequence numbers or linked lists.
</Bob Haugen>

<Nikola Stojanovic>
I don't know whether "the sequence" and "sequencing" would be the best terms
(I might rather use something like "Temporal constraints between (Economic,
Business?) Events"), but I strongly agree with the assertions: "is not
manageable by sequence numbers or any other document-local rules" and "it
may not be manageable exclusively by sequence numbers or linked lists".
</Nikola Stojanovic>

Thanks for the feedback, Nikola.  I agree that sequencing is
not the best term; I just used it to hark back to the previous
threads on that subject.

Re: >(Economic,Business?) Events
In the ebXML metamodel, EconomicEvents are transfers of
EconomicResources from one Partner to another, for example
a shipment or payment.  EconomicEvents are subtypes
of BusinessEvents, which cover almost any other event
of managerial interest.  The reason for specializing
EconomicEvents is that they have special behavior
and relationships, for example, EconomicEvents
may fulfill EconomicCommitments, e.g. shipments
may fulfill orders.

Regards,
Bob