Subject: RE: more on collaborations, contracts and 2-27 minutes

This is in reply both to Stefano's posting and to Jamie Clark's posting
that it references (see below).

The CPA should specify whether messages are sequence-numbered.  The CPA
specification has to be in sync with the messaging specification.  I am not
sure that the definition of sequence numbers is complete in the messaging
spec. at this time.

Whether the sequence counts find their way up to the business application
is a messaging service and other middleware matter.

As to messages referencing each other, the message header includes a
RefToMessageId element, which is for that purpose.

As Stefano reminds us, the whole question of ebXML middleware (BSI)
interoperability and a conceptual upper interface to the messaging service
have thus far been ignored by ebXML.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

Stefano POGLIANI <stefano.pogliani@sun.com> on 03/06/2001 04:15:58 AM

Please respond to stefano.pogliani@sun.com

To:   James Bryce Clark <jbc@lawyer.com>, "Welsh, David"
      <David.Welsh@nordstrom.com>
cc:   ebxml-bp@lists.ebxml.org, Karsten.Riemer@east.sun.com,
      linkage@interaccess.com, sharma@netfish.com,
      Dale_Moberg@stercomm.com, duane@xmlglobal.com

Hope  not to miss the point completely.... in which case I  apologize.

The  verification of the correct sequencing should be done by the
middleware (the  infamous BSI) which should be configured out of the
content of the CPA (which,  in turn, references the Collaboration
choreography specified by the  BP).

/stefano