Subject: Fw: Process/Procedures and timelines for Editors

FYI Editors and Potential Commentors... Please see Tim McGrath and Klaus-DieterNaujok comments below.
Best regards,
Marcia

Marcia L. McLure Ph.D.
BP PT Co-Lead

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: Process/Procedures and timelines for Editors

The process is...
Final version of the document made available to the ebXML members
2 weeks before the start of the ebXML F2F.

Before a document can be called final, it must have undergone 2
previous public reviews that included two QRT reviews with the
recommendation to go out for review. In addition it requires that
the comments from the last review have been addressed (and
documented of their disposition). To ensure that the project team
members are supportive of the specification ready for approval
(and previous reviews) a internal vote needs to have been taken
that has at least 67% of the PT members support the action.

The final approval of the specification will be at our F2F. During
the Monday opening plenary the document will be introduced. This
will allow any member who feels that their comments where not
disposed of appropriately to speak up. Should such a situation
arise the parties are asked to get together during the meeting in
order to resolve the topic. If the project team feels that it can
not resolve last minute issues it can asked the StC for advice.

Should changes result to the document during the week in response
to an issue raised during the opening plenary, than the revised
specification must be made available by Thursday night (including
a change log) to all ebXML members. The vote will be conducted
during the Friday closing plenary.

Klaus-Dieter Naujok Mon, 05 Feb 2001

with your four non-specification documents, you are only required to have one QRT review.  so the steps from here (after QR approval) would be:

1. 2 weeks public review
2. edit review comments and dispose (this must be completed on or before April 23rd to allow time for step 3.)
3. final 2 weeks review
4. submit documents to plenary

- the attached timeline may make this clearer.

There are no "standard" worksheets (issues log) but i can suggest you look at previous submissions and adapt theirs.  i will include copies of the RegRep team's RIM specification logs as examples.

let me know if we can be of further assistance.

"Marcia L. McLure Ph.D." wrote:

Good morning Tim,We had our scheduled BP Analysis Team conference call this morning to discuss next steps. I would like to guide the editors of each of the 4 reference docs to conform with the recommended QRT Standard Process for Editors in terms of receipt of comments and responses to commentors, the issues log requirements and the "need to know" timeframes up to the Vienna meeting for these documents.....can you please provide me with the standard process and standard worksheet(issues log)requirements and timeframes or please direct me to a spot where I might find this information?Thank you Tim.Best regards,Marcia Marcia L. McLure Ph.D.
MMI
28720 Canwood Street Suite 208
Agoura Hills, California 91301
phone  818-706-3882
fax        818-706-1213
marcia.mclure@mmiec.com   This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or
consulting work product for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any
review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express
permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
regards
tim mcgrath
TEDIS   fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142

RIMchangelog.doc

RIMdisposition.xls

ebxml timeline BP team.xls