Subject: Re: Schema & BP Spec: Items for today's BP/CC meeting

I agree with Brian as long as we are in compliance with the General ebXML
Business Requirement:

"Design rules for developing ebXML compliant XML documents are based on
approved W3C schema specifications."

Paul Levine

                    "Hayes, Brian"
                    <Brian.Hayes@Commer        To:     ebxml-bp@lists.ebxml.org
                    ceone.com>                 cc:     (bcc: Paul R. Levine/Telcordia)
                                               Subject:     Schema & BP Spec: Items for today's BP/CC meeting
                    04/16/01 03:03 PM

Karsten wrote:
> An issue just raised by Neal: Should we include a W3C schema
> version of the
> SpecSchema along with (or instead of) the DTD? What is the
> recommendation from
> BP/CC - DTD or Schema, or both?

Time permiting, I strongly recommend we deliver a schema version.  DTDs are
not precise enough for defining interfaces (structure and strings) and the
BP Spec Schema is essentially and interface.

Brian