Subject: Re: Notation to support BPSS

This certainly highlights the urgency of the need.  Thanks for sharing this
with us, Tony.  In the longer run, the BP group should discuss whether
notation is a distinct work item.  (I think this affects bindings with UMM,
and so is not something to be handled casually.)  For the short term, I am
very interested in this work and, as might others on this list, would be
happy to participate in immediate efforts to review and refine the proposed
notation.   Jamie Clark

At 02:06 PM 7/16/01, A.J. [Tony] Blazej wrote:
>* * * The STAR/XML working group, at our recommendation, has decided to
>utilize OAG BODs and ebXML as the basis of their architecture. We are
>specifying Business Object Documents as the payload of transactions that
>run over an ebXML infrastructure. We are specifying business
>collaborations following the ebXML BPSS specification rigorously. The OAGI
>will release shortly a white papers that details the usage of BPSS and
>other elements of ebXML. * * *  Even though the semantic of the
>specification suit the needs of the project, we feel that lack of a
>standard (or de facto) notation is a major show stopper for us as we need
>to communicate the way collaborations operate to both business analysts
>and technical users. Relying on an XML document to solely communicate the
>details of the collaboration is far too limiting. * * *
>Would this working group be interested in tackling this problem? If so can
>we agree on a time table?
>
>A.J. (Tony) Blazej
>Director of Industry Programs
>Open Applications Group, Inc.
>203-966-7388
>ablazej@openapplications.org

James Bryce Clark
VP and General Counsel
McLure Moynihan Inc.
Chair, ABA Business Law Subcommittee on Electronic Commerce
jamie.clark@mmiec.com,  jbc@lawyer.com
1 818 597 9475