Subject: Transition question

Hi:

I have a question about business transactions that may be executed several
times. The very common example is a change purchase order BT. Once an order
has been placed, there are many industries which would allow the buyer (or
the seller) to change the PO any number of time.

How do you set up the transitions to do that? My first instinct would have
been to set up a transition from and to thesame business transaction but I
came across this Wellformedness Rule:
- A transition cannot enter and exit the same state

Does that mean I cannot have a "from" and "to" which is identical (because
actually what I am tryng to model is a transition which exit and enter the
same state)?

In which case, how do you specify this essential business pattern?

JJ-