ebxml-ccbp-analysis message

Subject: Posted: ebXML - Business Process Identifier Naming Scheme

-----Original Message-----
From: Nieman, Scott [mailto:Scott.Nieman@NorstanConsulting.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 2:28 PM
To: Hayes, Brian
Cc: 'ebxml-regrep@lists.ebxml.org'

I am posting this to the entire team via the list.  Looking at the
information proposed, here is the mapping I see, verifying your scheme will
work.  I will shorten the Business Process Identifier Naming Scheme to
BPINS. If I am mistaken, I am sure others will correct me.

BPINS                 RIM
bpid                  ExtrinsicObject.objectType = PROCESS (enum to be
assigned later)
agency                Organization.name
agencyid              Organization.uuid
business-process-name ExtrinsicObject.name
major-version-number  ExtrinsicObject.majorVersion
minor-version-number  ExtrinsicObject.minorVersion

An ExtrinsicObject is a special type of ManagedObject (one that goes through
a defined life cycle); the extrinsic object is not required for the core
operation of a registry.   An Organization is opposite -- defined as an
IntrinsicObject; it is core to the functions of the registry.

Agreed on the guidelines for what is major and minor; we use integers for
the type and are RA policy defined.  There was discussion regarding SO
defined version identifiers, but at this time, version is defined by the
registry via the life cycle process.

We included other attributes --- perhaps the URI to the actual process
specification would enhance your scheme.

Best regards,

Scott