Subject: ebXML Press Backgrounder

Folks,

I received the following email today. Given that this document is not
on the critical path -- actually, QR was not on the critical path --
I suggest that we incorporate the review of this document into our
normal process.

Murray,

Simon asked me to send you a copy of the ebXML press backgrounder for review by
the QR team. We had to put this together in a bit of a hurry to support the
press tour in San Francisco 2 weeks ago, and in London this week. We worked with
Klaus directly to come up with this draft and had to "bend" the rules a bit on
the review process because of the time constraints. We fully anticipate
following the agreed upon QR review process from now on.

I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at this to ensure we've gotten things
right in terms of technical accuracy.

This press backgrounder is an extract from a broader ebXML whitepaper being
written now. I plan to have a draft of that whitepaper available by next Monday
for review by the QR team. The goal is to have this whitepaper available for
distribution and posting to our website at the Tokyo meeting - where it's likely
we will have a lot of new attendees from the Japan and the Asian countries.

Please call me if you have any questions.

Ed

Ed Julson			Sun Microsystems
XML Marketing			901 San Antonio Rd.
XML Technology Center		MS UMPK16-201