Subject: Re: Formal Submission to the Quality Review Team

"Paul R. Levine" wrote:

> Tim,
>
> An update on the BP Specification Schema.  Agreement was just reached on
> all of the pieces to complete the document today, 20 March.  Karsten Riemer
> will forward the document directly to you as a Word file, and I will send
> it to you in pdf tomorrow.

thank you for this advance notice

> The BP Project Team takes issue with your assumption that the four
> documents Marcia McLure forwarded to you on 19 March are based on the BP
> Specification Schema. When these documents were reviewed with the QRT in
> Vancouver, our understanding was that they were given the status of
> supporting documentation because they were not critical to the ebXML
> infrastructure, and that BP already had already introduced a technical
> specification.  However, they are vitally important in the development of
> the ebXML payload.  In fact, equally  important in my view to the CC
> specifications.  In particular, the Business Process and Business
> Information Analysis Overview was developed post-Vancouver in response to
> the missing "bridge" between the BP and CC documents that we agreed would
> be necessary to complete the picture. (In that vein, I would propose that
> it should be reviewed before other BP and CC documents.)  In our opinion,
> quality review can begin on these documents without suffering from loss of
> context in the current absence of the BP Specification Schema.  They stand
> on their own.

I can see how the Business Process and Business Information Analysis Overview
should be pre-requisite reading to any of this material.

However, i understood that the Business Process Analysis Worksheets &
Guidelines was in fact a guideline for using the Specification Schema and that
the E-Commerce and Simple Negotiation Patterns and Catalog of Common Business
Processes were instances of this model.  I apologise if this is not the case.

My comment was also influenced by the work plan the QR team have prepared,
which assumes we shall review all BP documents together.  We have found it
helps us maintain consistency and perspective if we have similar material on
hand  at the same time (especially when the team are having to deal with all
the diverse aspects of ebXML).

> With all of the documents pouring in I'm sure you are already in overload.
> If it brings any relief, your review process should not be constrained by a
> dependency on the Specification Schema.

Given our schedule and your intentions, this was not an issue.

> We appreciate your diligence and the value you add to all of our work;

we couldn't add value if you didn't do the work!