Subject: Re: XFRML, ebXML, and the root ledger

Todd, et al.

You raise basic questions that our project team in ebXML, or ebXML overall,
will need to address.  If there is any current cross-industry business
language it is the one imposed on businesses by the accounting community,
and it appears that XFRML is trying to represent that language in XML.  We
cannot have these critical accounting functions left outside any ebXML
specification, yet we also do not want ourselves put in a straightjacket
that prevents the kind of process improvements possible through XML-based
data exchanges.

I would like to invite Eric Cohen who is active in the XFRML activity to
join us in a dialogue to get the issues raised by Todd out on the table and
work through a solution.  Any comments on or objections to inviting Mr.
Cohen?  Best regards.

Alan Kotok
akotok@disa.org
+1 703-518-4174