Subject: CC Special Thanks!

Greetings everyone!

I trust everyone had a safe trip home.  Last week was a very difficult week for
us as a project team, and for me personally.  We rallied together, as a team,
and delivered a strong and compelling message.  I need to thank everyone both at
a personal level and as the PT leader for your assistance and support in
compiling and delivering our message.  Thank you!

After such meetings, particularly when the trip home is long and the meeting is
turbulant, I like to take some time to reflect on the success and quality of the
meeting.  Without hesitation, 1) there are certainly things I would do
differently, 2) overall - the meeting was an overwhelming success!

We can attribute our success to the number of hardworking people, and it is
important to me that we take a moment to give proper recognition.

A)  The entire project team.  We are taking on a very difficult problem, have
brought together many people from a variety of backgrounds, a variety of skill
sets and experiences, and with a variety of orientations, many of whom have
never worked together before.  Patience, cooperation, active listening and
acceptance from the group are essential.  An environment to get work done
doesn't happen by itself, thank you all for contributing.

B)  Our work group leaders.  We are fortunate to have many, some of whom have
official titles.  We all know who you are!  We couldn't make the progress we
have made without their leadership and technical skills.  This is a volunteer
effort and your extra effort is greatly appreciated, and we need to say thank
you more often.  Thank you!

C)  Our Editors.  Our time frames are short, the technical tools available to us
sub-optimal, our communication needs high.  Our editors are in the background
facilitating communication.  Thank you!

D)  My new co-PT Leader, Mary Kay Blantz.  I can say without hesitation, that
Mary Kay's contributions to the team have been and will continue to be plenty.
With enthusiasm, I say welcome and thank you of behalf of the project team.

Not only are we taking this moment to thank everyone for past participation, we
are thanking you in advance for the had work that we as a project team will need
to do over the next couple of months in preparation for the August meeting.  We
have a lot of ground to cover between now and August, so please give serious
consideration to the amount of time you will be able to contribute, and the work
efforts you will be able to contribute to.  If you haven't already done so,
please contact myself or James Whittle to volunteer for a work group.

Thanks again!

lms