Subject: RE: ebXML Representation of Metadata

[dsf] That's an intellectually honest response and I appreciate it.  I'd
like to see a response to Steve Brodsky's response to Terry Allen :).

> Also as Sridhar, Scott and other pointed out XMI is designed to
> provide XML semantics for exchange UML and other object design
> information.

[dsf] Well...I don't know if I can accept this characterization.  XMI can be
used to exchange non-OO models, such as data models.  It's the *metamodel*
for a kind of model, whether that kind of model is an OO model or not, that
is described in OO terms (i.e. using the MOF/UML).  That's a subtle but
important distinction.

--Dave