ebxml-core message

Subject: RE: ebXML Representtion of Metadata

It does matter when I specify my production rules to generate my DTD or
Schema, which will be Part 4 of the Reg-Rep specification.  I would rather
keep it simple by specifying one argument (string) versus several (any SOAP
type), and one return.  It is my belief that I either model it correctly to
so that either 1) "SOAP compliant" messages fall out of the model, or 2)
"SOAP-like" messages which ignore the types in the SOAP specificaiton.  It
will dictate how my UML model for the operation signatures are created.

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 12:10 PM
To: Nieman, Scott
Cc: 'Eric Newcomer'; ebxml-core@lists.oasis-open.org; ebXML-Architecture

Message text written by "Nieman, Scott"
> Why should SOAP detail these types at all, versus just referencing
a DTD or Schema that the "type" must adhere too?   Its really that

Major agreed.  If you open this Pandora's Box (which SOAP is doing!),
then you let in total chaos.

We all either agree to use a base standard and then strive to make
it work, enhance it et al - but charging off and creating a backdoor
where you can map anything else to whatever, is probably not
a cool idea at this point.

Example : - SOAP arrays - please, what's that?  XML already happily allows
you to morph an array into a valid XML structure, so this is just
redundant confusion factor.

It's important to stay focused too.  The SOAP overlap in the Transport WG
is obvious - its less clear in RegRep.

Thanks, DW.