Subject: Re: Sept 27 CoreComponent PT Conference Call details

Hisanao,

This is an excellent piece of work!  I completely agree with your points, so far.

I would like to contribute one additional piece of thinking.  Typically, when we debate this
topic, examples like address and party are used, which in most of the commercial transactions
[in the open edi sense of the word transaction] are extremely limited in terms of
behavior/methods from an oo perspective.  Most of the methods I can envision for Address are
at the level of formatting and/or validation.  I'd like to bring up more complex cases.

In materials management, a very significant consideration in the business process involves
forecasting and scheduling.  The Manufacturer forecasts demand, and shares that information
with it's suppliers [and so on down the line!], to ensure availability of components.  The
forecasting utilizes a number of economic and business indicators to determine the forecast
[historical seasonal cycles, economic cycles, showroom traffic, etc.].  A Manufacturer might
consider its forecasting capability as competetive advantage!  This Forecast object does
contain and maintain information which is private to the organization, and is therefore not
exposed in Business Messages which flow to the outside world.  My point, CC information
content is != CBO information content.  Therefore CC != CBO - Behaviors.

I don't think this dramatically changes your presentation, but it solidifies the notion that
CC's != CBO's.

Hisanao, I agree that this topic needs to be incorporated into our methodology document, but I
would like to get agreement on termonology before we proceed with incorporation into the
document.  We need to agree on a set of terms, incorporate them into our document, the meta
model, and the glossary.

Great work, again!

lms