Subject: Correction to Minutes.

Team,
Allow me to clarify and correct a statement in the minutes.

I may have not explained myself well yesterday regading the REA Ontology and its
role in the metamodel. What I was saying is that the REA concepts and modeling
belong and should be kept in the BRV and that they should be refied into the next,
not that they shouldn't.

REA is a business modeling/specification ontology and defines business process
concepts. The BRV is the viewpoint where Business Processes are defeined in tems
of Buiness Collaborations are defined in business terms and vocabulary. These
concepts are then reified or passed into the Business Transaction View  where
Buiness Collaboration Protocols are specified in terms of Business Transactions.
An example of this is the REA element "Commitment". At the BRV, Buisness Processes
defined the "Commitments" they form or fullfil. At the BTV, the Commitment is
represented as a Business Document. The REA Commitment element is reified into a
Business Document.

Again, I hope this helps.

Jim Clark
Director of Industry Solutions