Subject: Re: English Language Tags

John McClure wrote:

>I am suggesting to the contrary that they already created a set of
> mechanisms to achieve what you want -- XML Namespaces and XML Schemas. I
> can easily decorate an <xsd:element> with my own meta-data about the
> element-type

A better approach is to use an namespaced element within an appinfo
component of the element's annotation, e.g.

<element name="my-prefered-name" type="ebXMLPartyType">
<annotation>
    <appinfo><ebxml:registry href="myregistry.reg" UID="my-id"/></appinfo>
</annotation>
</element>

>and, as I noted for the Data Consortium Namespace, that
> information can be reflected on the individual instances of the
> element-type -- the DCN does it with the 'label' attribute on what are
> called "attribute-elements", and relies on an RDFS dictionary to provide
> the meta-definition of what are called "resource-elements." Anyway, since
> am interested in a high level of conformance between the DCN and ebXML, I
> wish to understand as best I can why UIDs and GUIDs -- a technique I've
not
> seen embraced by the W3C -- is a solution to a problem that the W3C, I
> thought, adequately addressed with XML Namespaces.

If you really must force RDF on the scenario then put the RDF statement
within an adjacent appinfo statement within the same annotation.

Martin Bryan