Subject: Re: FW: ebXML Entity Classes - Resend

Bob,

I've not compared in detail your proposal, especially when compared with the
existing metadata used in the CC spreadsheets.  However, it does raise a larger
question for me that I think has been kicked around a bit, but I'm not sure I
know the resolution (I've starting dipping my feet into these discussions only
recently, so I might have missed something.).   The R&R specs that went out
recently not only knew nothing of CC metadata, but did not even have a specific
type identifier for CCs.  It seems to me that the most efficient, well
architected scheme for an ebXML registry would have the registry itself be aware
of CC metadata.   This would greatly facilitate search, retrieval, re-use,
etc.   Under the current scheme it seems that the registry would be ignorant of
CC metadata, and would force all responsibilities for dealing with CCs onto the
client.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  How did the joint meetings in
Vancouver with R&R resolve this?

Thanks,
--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
http://www.metronet.com/~rawlins/