Subject: Re: Core component catalogue V1.0 comments

As part of an analysis of the Party definition while preparing a comment on
the ebXML Core Component work for the CEN/ISSS Defining and Managing
Semantics and Datatypes working group I came to a similar conclusion to Mike
Conroy about the need to split out information relevant to people (who I
have chosen to call Persons) from those relevant to enterprises (which I
have chosen to call Organizations). Being simple-minded, and having to aim
my document at managers, I did not formally model my definitions, but
instead defined a simple classification hierarchy for the definition of
parties, as follows:

Party
   Person
       FamilyName
       GivenName
            Initial
       MiddleName
            Initial
       Title
       Gender
       Nationality
       BirthDate
       TaxIdentifier
   Organization
       Name
       IncorporationDate
       TaxIdentifier
   PostalAddress
        Building
             Name
             Identifier
             Suite
             Floor
             MailDeliveryPoint
        Street
             Lot
             Block
        District
        Town
        State
            Region
            County
        PostCode
        Country
        POBox
        UnstructuredLine
   Location
        Identifier
        Type
        Description
        Position
        WhenAvailable
           Date
           Time
               ZoneOffset
        Sequence
   CommunicationDetails
        Environment
            WhenAvailable
              Date
              Time
                  ZoneOffset
        Mode
            SecurityInformation
        Number
             CountryCode
             AreaCode
             SubscriberNumber
             Extension
   Account
        Identifier
        Name
            Nickname
        Servicer
             Type
             InterestRate
             Charge
        Owner
        Country
        Currency
        CardExpiry
              Date
   Language
        Code
        Purpose
   FreeTextDescription

Hopefully you will find this as easier to understand than the spreadsheet or
formal models used to date to describe the relationships between the
information that needs to be recorded about a party. It should also be noted
that such a tree represents a hierarchy that can easily be recorded in XML.

Martin Bryan