Subject: RE: UUID Semantic Equivalence Mapping

as Shipper and its French equivalent, not generic ones.

already has a good method of BP discovery and compare. It is the atomic
level of schema comparison that is missing (again the French schema author
equation to a Japanese one...)

-jp
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Rawlins [mailto:rawlins@metronet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 9:13 AM
To: ebxml-core@lists.ebxml.org

I was cleaning out my inbox when I came across this message.  I couldn't
find any
replies.  Am I correct in assuming that this discussion has not gone any
further?

I would like to make two observations:

1)   If CC entities are defined as generic entities with type codes to
indicate
usage, rather than as abstract entities with more specific CCs reflecting
usage,
cross-referencing will be harder.  For example, it will be easier to
cross-reference Shipper with it's French equivalent than it would be to
cross-reference Party with type SH to Partie (sic?) with type whatever.
(Forgive
my ignorance of French!).

2)   Cross-referencing schemas only solves part of the problem.  In order to
solve the whole problem one must also be able to translate/compare encoded
BP
models.  That, I fear, will be a much more difficult task.

*

*

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
http://www.metronet.com/~rawlins/