Subject: Re: ebXML CC Dictionary - steps to make Business Documents

Hello,

Thanks very much. I understand about the hierachy and the need to keep away
from loops. The basic thing is to go from the CC spreadsheet into
elementary schemas or DTD's and then use production rules to create the
Business Documents.

Regards, Sig

                    Philip Goatly
                    <philip.goatly@b        To:     Sigmund Handelman/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, ebXML Core
                    olero.net>              <ebxml-core@lists.ebxml.org>
                                            cc:
                    03/15/2001 04:26        Subject:     Re: ebXML CC Dictionary - steps to make Business
                    AM                      Documents
                    Please respond
                    to Philip Goatly

Hi there,
    At bolero we have been generating DTDs etc automatically for about 18
months - so we have a large amount of know how in this area. In addition I
have had the experience of designing/writing program generators etc. for
some 10 years of my career . One significant detail you might like to
consider is the following XML is fundamentally a hierarchy, so the input to
the XML output should be capable of being represeted as a hierarchy. As
such
you must be able to detect loops in the hierarchy - those which are there
because you need them - to express recursion, if so desired - and others
which are 'modelling' errors.

There should be no difficulty in generating DTDs/Schemas from spreadsheets
-
or any other type of input.

Just some logic and programming - as always :-}

Cheers, Phil