Subject: RE: Comments on ebXML Methodology: Core Components Discovery andAnalysis

MK

-----Original Message-----
From: William J. Kammerer [mailto:wkammerer@foresightcorp.com]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 9:51 AM
To: James Whittle
Cc: ebXML Core
Subject: Comments on ebXML Methodology: Core Components Discovery and
Analysis

Comments on ebXML Methodology: Core Components Discovery and Analysis
(March 23, 2001) Version 1.02:

Line 210 now shows the new name for what appears to be a business
message: "Logical Family."  It was once a Functional Set.   In order to
not confuse people, might I suggest simply calling a business message a
"Business Message"?

Line 217 shows "ID (DUNS)" to be an Aggregate Core Component.  If
anything, a business identifier such as a DUNS is unambiguously a Basic
Core Component.  Same thing on line 247.

Line 293: Section 8.1 (Ground Rules for Constructing & Validating Core
Components) is clearly the best written part of the document and reeks
of readability and common sense.  What's that doing in there? Besides,
it sounds more like a critique of the current Initial Core Components
Catalogue Ver1.02 (Appendix A) - which completely contradicts section
8.1.

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Pkwy.