Subject: cc editing process

Hello everyone, I thought I should take a few moments to explain one method
by which we could ensure that the editing process and comments collation
happens as smoothly as possible next time round.

1.	documents go back out for public review, every author is given an
updated copy of their document which includes any changes requested by QRT.
2.	Each document has an individual editor who is responsible for
collating the comments against the document. This person will collect all
comments during the public review cycle.
3.	At the close of the public review cycle the editor will adjust the
document to include what comments he/she can (mainly editorial) and track
these in the comments log. The revised (editorial) document plus the
outstanding comments log will then be passed to the author(s) for them to
deal with the remaining comments and complete the comments log.
4.	Finally a revised document and completed comments logs should be
sent to me for compilation into our next document release.

This process does place a fair degree of pressure on the authors to deal
with comments in a short space of time. But authors are still able to deal
with comments as they are submitted to the list serve, but I recommend that
they trace those comments in a log which can be compared to the final
submitted comments log to avoid confusion.

I hope this is clear, and if you have any suggestions let me know.

Kind regards

James Whittle
E Business standards executive

Tel. No. 44 (0)20 7655 9022
Fax No. 44 (0)20 7681 2278

10 Maltravers Street, LONDON, WC2R 3BX.
www Address: www.e-centre.org.uk <http://www.e-centre.org.uk>
e-mail james.whittle@e-centre.org.uk <mailto:james.whittle@e-centre.org.uk>

Best business practice in a digital age.

Disclaimer Notice

The above information is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which
it is addressed, and may contain confidential or privileged material. Any
use (including retransmission or copying) of this information by person(s)
or entity other than the intended recipient is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you
are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please would you
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The sender is
not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this communication as it
has been transmitted over a public network. Any views or opinions are solely
those of the author, and do not necessarily represent those of e centreUK.
All third party rights are duly acknowledged. e centreUK  is the trade name
of the Association for Standards and Practices in Electronic Trade - EAN UK
Limited, and is registered in the United Kingdom (Registration Number
1256140).

© 2000 All Rights Reserved