Subject: RE: autogeneration of UML to XML

See UML for XML Schema Mapping Specification
http://www.rational.com/uml/resources/documentation/index.jsp
<http://www.rational.com/uml/resources/documentation/index.jsp>

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Conroy [mailto:michael.conroy@wanadoo.fr]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2001 2:19 PM
To: ebXML Core
Subject: autogeneration of UML to XML

Ever since William Kammerer said : "Heck, I haven't even yet seen anyone
take a UML data model and generate schemas from it -  and that should be a
lot simpler" theres been a flood of e-mails from people such as Duane
Nickull of XML GLobal Technologies, Arofan Gregory of Commerceone, James
Whittle of  e-centre, Philip goatly of Bolero, and Kris KETELS of Swift,
have all jumped into the thread to tell us that they currently have the
capability to "autogenerating from UML" XML schemas.

Well I for one am most impressed. However, I do have a grain of doubting
Thomas, in my vains. I made a UML class model of the core components, which
I am led to believe is a faithful rendering of the Excel spreadsheet.

Just to give me, and perhaps many others who are listening in, an idea of
how the autogeneration from UML works, would someone like to demonstrate
their capabilities on the enclosed core components model ? It might help
settle a lot of the dust that has been raised on the subject.

Regards

Mike