Subject: Re: Long Tags Codes etc. again

Maybe there's something to David RR Webber's crazy Bizcode UID scheme;
as Sue Probert said:  "the UID is the key whether directly or indirectly
referenced in whatever way suits individual syntax or business
solutions."

Can David RR show us what's at the other end of the Bizcode
UID='EBX005080' in the registry so we can divine the semantics?

Compare this to the elegance of the "EDIpath" attribute as used in DIN
16557-5.  For example, <Buyer_BIC>10090045</Buyer_BIC> is equated to
"SG2 NAD.3035=BY].FII(0140)" in the corresponding schema, which
supposedly delivers the EDIFACT location of the Buyer's Bank ID Code
within the corresponding MIG, and hence the specific semantics.

As you'll recall, DIN 16557-5 is available on the UN/EDIFACT (EWG) web
site, at http://www.edifact-wg.org/, under "Washington, March 2001 :
Minutes, Documents & Presentations" with the name "Rules for generation
of XML schema files (XSD) on the basis of EDI(FACT) implementation
guidelines."

Besides extending the life of EDIFACT MIG editors in this new XML'ized
world - to which I would no objection, obviously - it avoids the need
for a bloated registry (whether centralized or distributed) of Bizcodes
which would have to be built from the ground up.  And not only that, but
you would automatically have satisfied Arofan Gregory's requirement that
ebXML and EDIFACT be "interoperable."  Plus, we don't have to jack
around with "Core Components" and modeling.  Win-Win-Win-Win.

Note my new signature.  I have quietly seethed with jealousy that David
RR Webber has two middle names, with identical initials no less. Then I
remembered "John" is my Confirmation name.  I just knew that would come
in handy one day.  Hence,

William JJ Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Pkwy.