Subject: Just what is a Core Component? Well, it depends on what "is" is.

Mark Crawford asked "when are we going to see a standard definition of
what a core component is?"

There's stuff under the legend "Core Component Definition and
Relationship with CBOs" at the ebXML Core Components page at
http://www.ebxml.org/project_teams/core_components/Method.htm, which
includes CC-Definition_2000-10-18.doc.  This was contributed by Mike
Adcock, dated 2000-10-18 (see, I'm using ISO 8601 Extended Data
formats!!). It seems like a workable definition, and is accompanied by
pictures and diagrams.  Is there anything wrong with this document?  And
if so, why is it still available at the web site?

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Pkwy.
Dublin, OH USA 43017-3305