Subject: RE: What do people really expect from ebXML? - Is CC really asetofLegos?

Strongly agree with Philip.

I think there are six data aggregates in every binary transaction.

1. amount  --  a currency/value pair
2. date/time  --  ISO 8601 date/time formats
3. two party identifiers  --  DUNS or other globally available party codes
4. what we exchange  --  A text string or a complete document or contract
5. due date / when do we settle  --  ISO 8601 date/time formats
6. how do we settle  --  codes such as EDIFACT payment codes and terms,
      bank/settlement provider, IFX/OFX information, etc.

I'm not optimistic that the world will agree on the last two.
But the first four are pretty darn obvious.  Party Ids are not
always disclosed therefore, aliases sometimes apply.  "sold to the
guy with the yellow shirt"... but Parties are not null.

This model excludes interactions that are not economic exchange events,
such as exchange of catalogs.  Thus, the model is tautological, and
trivial.  It defines a transaction as any exchange between two parties
that has amount, date, and something bought/sold... then enumerates
the data elements as amount, date, party ids... whoopie.

Todd